1.So, it turns out that what you need to do when something gets stuck on a Mac is CMD+CTRL+ESC. You probably already knew that. I didn’t. Hooray for the hive mind that is Twitter, and specifically, Louise Kelly.
3. My desk isn’t as tidy as it was.
4. I’ve written 30,000 words of the new Surrounded By Water, and it’s possibly the most absorbing and thrilling writing that I’ve ever done. Which is not to say that I don’t need a little motativation now and then, so I’ve made me a progress chart. (I had a few goes at drawing one of those thermometer things you find outside churches with holes in the roof, but they kept coming out like cartoon penises.)
5. Also, when I have a lull, I have a little Words With Friends session. I’m becoming moderately addicted even though most of the time I’m not so much playing as being trounced by Marie Phillips and Rachel Pearce. (If you play, please play with me.)
6. I am not doing very well at not having a cat. Alan says I can have another if I want to. (I understand, sisters, that I don’t need my husband’s permission to own a cat. But as he entirely lacks the pet gene, it didn’t seem fair to assume. I consider this offer of his to be an act of true love.) I’m not sure.
7. No letter from the tooth fairy yet. The toothache isn’t too bad, apart from the occasional and completely unpredictable pulse, not unlike a jawline sonic boom. Which means I can yelp, without warning, mid-sentence or even mid-word.
8. My conversational topics at the moment consist of: how the writing is going, Words With Friends, and cats. With unpredictable yelping. I’d probably avoid me for the next little while if I were you.